We’ve made several updates on the Crawler. The crawler now is much quicker and more precise in the results. More cookies are now automatically classified and assigned to the right vendor. We’ve also added some new settings for the crawler (e.g. crawling of password-areas and exclusion of domains/paths from crawling).
Cookies & Local Storage
Local Storage is a way to store information on a users device. It is very similar to cookies, but has less privacy implications and technical limitations. Consentmanager now supports the use of this technology as a secodary storage for the users consent information. This will help to cache the users choices – even in cases when browsers do not support or delete cookies. The new feature can be enabled at Menu > CMPs > Edit > Other settings > Consent Storage.
More features and changes
- Several bugfixes for AMP implementations
- More flexibility: Purposes are now CMP-specific and no longer account-specific
- Adobe Analytics & Adobe Consent Mode Support
- and many more ….
Synchronous use of the CMP is deprecated and was removed with this update. If you are using the CMP code in this way, you might experience issues with delivery and blocking. Please update your codes.
With the release we have applied the following changes:
- CMP-445 Possibility to exclude domains/paths from crawling
- CMP-78 Add comments on vendors
- CMP-104 Allow to change the order of purposes
- CMP-222 Rights issue with deleting purposes
- CMP-451 Fix AMP Reporting PageViews & Domain
- CMP-453 Allow copy/sync vendor list amoing CMPs
- CMP-332 Remove empty lines from Report
- CMP-164 Add documentation on cookies
- CMP-454 Crawler: Allow Basic Auth Login
- Deprecated: dataLayer.cmpVendorsConsent / dataLayer.cmpCustomVendorsConsent – use dataLayer.cmpConsentVendors instead. Fields will be removed by Dec 2021 (updated)