The consentmanager cookie banner is certainly available as the suitable plugin for all shop systems and CMS. Easily make your website or shop GDPR compliant.
- Easy to integrate & automatic cookie blocking
- With ready-made designs or custom designs
- Automatic acceptance rate measurement & optional A/B tests
- Daily site crawls & automated GDPR compliance check
- Comprehensive reports on page views, traffic or bounce rate
We have already helped more than 25,000 websites to comply with GDPR, TTDSG & ePrivacy
Our clients include some of the biggest websites and best known brands in the world.
… and many more.
For all shop systems and CMS
What are cookie banners?
- Cookies are small text files that store information about your internet browsing history. They allow websites to remember who you are and what you have done in the past, which is why they are also called “magic cookies”. Cookies can be used for various purposes: to track user behavior, to store login information or to track the items in your shopping cart. These tiny pieces of data help make the web more personal and enjoyable by saving you time and effort when interacting with websites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Maps, and many others.
- Without cookies it would be almost impossible for websites and shops to remember the user. Because without them, when you load a new page in an online store or start a browser session, all your recent purchases would disappear! To prevent this from happening (especially when you make a spontaneous purchase), cookies are used to record not only what items have been purchased, but also all other information about how a website has been used. This applies, for example, to browsing habits at certain times/days, etc.
What are cookie banners and why do you need them?
A cookie banner is a pop-up window that appears when a user visits a website for the first time. This pop-up window informs the user about the processing of personal data and gives them the opportunity to deactivate it if they wish. A cookie banner is an indispensable tool for websites that need to obtain visitor consent before using third-party services. These banners must be used if the website incorporates such features, as they may use technologies such as web beacons or pixels to measure your browsing activity and personal information on the website (e.g. IP address).
Become 100% GDPR compliant
What else to consider with cookie banners
The General Data Protection Regulation requires website owners to provide a cookie banner with information about cookies and their use on the website. However, the user must give their consent to these cookies so that they can be used in a legally compliant manner by the website owner. The most common way that websites obtain this consent is through an explicit opt-in form . There are other options such as pre-checked boxes or default consent based on past activities However, only the opt-in procedure is GDPR-compliant.
Recommended by lawyers and data protection officers
GDPR User Consent
In order to comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), some website operators require the consent of their users in accordance with Article 30 GDPR. The GDPR is not limited to cookies, but applies to all technologies that process personal data in any way. A simple banner is not sufficient to implement the requirements of the GDPR on a website in a fully privacy compliant manner.
As long as the user’s consent has not yet been given, all scripts that could collect user data must be blocked first. Only after cookies have been selected and confirmed may they be reloaded dynamically for use by advertisers within a company’s website or application, but only if a consent management system also ensures compliance with the technical requirements !
- It must also be documented on what basis the data processing takes place. In addition, it should be ensured that as little information as possible is collected about the users and that they have access to the consent given at any time or can revoke it in whole or in part with just a few mouse clicks. Withdrawing consent for the processing of personal data must also be as easy as giving it.
Higher cookie acceptance rates
The importance of cookie banners for your business
Cookie banners have two meanings for consulting companies. First of all, it is important that you use banners to display cookies you have used yourself on your website. Here it is advisable that potential customers do not find your banners irritating and leave your site. You will also gain the trust of your potential customers by indicating that cookies are used and what they are used for. On the other hand, it is essential for consultancies to make B2B clients aware of the need for cookie banners. This is how you protect your customers from high penalties due to data protection violations.
With a cookie banner from consentmanager, your clients get important insights into the user behavior of the visitors and can then optimize their website. And higher acceptance rates lead to more conversions .
- For your consulting company, a banner has the following advantages:
- A legally compliant banner with an opt-in feature protects you from unpleasant fines
- You care about your customers’ rights, and you can show it by using the GDPR compliant banner.
- A well-designed banner that inspires confidence increases the likelihood that visitors will freely give their consent.
Cookies are not rocket science! Design your cookie banner correctly. It is important to make banners compliant with the law because it is not a disadvantage for the website operator. Also, your website visitors should be treated fairly too. This means that they are transparently informed about what happens when they visit the website. Only then can visitors make an informed decision about whether and, if so, which data they want to make available.
frequently asked Questions
Not sure if you need a CMP?
To help you with things like GDPR, CMP and consent, we’ve rounded up the most common questions here.
Consentmanager’s free cookie checker finds all the cookies your website sets and analyzes them according to their categories and sources. This means: You get both a complete overview and control over who sets which cookies on your website. The cookie checker carries out this scan daily and ensures GDPR compliance on your website at all times. This makes it the easiest and best way to find and optimize all cookies. This is the only way you can inform your visitors comprehensively and correctly.
The GDPR and the legislation of the member states stipulate that the website operator must comprehensively inform its customers about the data collected and how it is used. The user actively chooses which data processing he agrees to. For this reason, almost every website needs a corresponding cookie notice. The visitor must accept at least the necessary cookies, otherwise the page cannot load or work properly. With the cookie checker you can check your website cookies to always display a GDPR-compliant cookie banner. You can use a ready-made design or create an individualized one and design/choose the texts and buttons yourself.
Browser cookies are programs that store information about website visitors. On the one hand, this includes functional data such as the browser, the language and the device (desktop, tablet or mobile). They ensure that the site functions smoothly and is usable. For example, the temporary storage makes it possible to call up your shopping cart again in the online shop in order to complete an order. On the other hand, personal data can also be collected, for example on age, gender, etc. This information is used for marketing purposes so that the website operator can learn more about its target group and visitors. This enables him to provide his customers with more interesting, relevant and better content or products. It is also possible to pass on the data to third parties.
Please note that we cannot provide legal advice. Some points of this FAQ may also change over time or be interpreted differently by courts. That’s why you should always consult your lawyer!