Optimization – the be-all and end-all for better performance
A special highlight this month is our optimized customer area. With a fresh new design and improved usability, you can look forward to an exciting user experience. In addition, more clarity and structured user guidance will make it even easier and faster for you to create and adjust your cookie layer. This also includes various setting options for your own advanced fine tuning.
Furthermore, we have improved our machine learning module. The more comprehensive database provides even more valid values for the winner and loser consideration of the various cookie banner variants and increases the performance of your website in terms of acceptance and bounce rates, among other things.
The analysis heart will beat faster for all those who deal with data analysis in detail every day. With the current update, our CMP provides you with extended reporting values on a clearly granular basis, which will support you in your business decisions.
Convince yourself of the new functions and try them out right away.
To login: https://www.consentmanager.de/
Google Fonts & Data Protection – the right way to deal with it
The use of Google Fonts in connection with data protection aspects repeatedly provokes discussions and uncertainty on the part of website operators. This uncertainty is currently being increased because website operators are being overwhelmed by a flood of warnings.
The background is that when using Google Fonts via the Google server, the visitor’s browser downloads the font files directly from Google. At the same time, data such as the IP address and browser information of the user is communicated to Google and Google can use this for its own projects. To avoid this, consentmanager provides a short guideline for the GDPR-compliant use of Google Fonts.
Here are a few helpful tips:
- The best way to use the font files is to download them from Google’s servers and place them directly on your own server. Google is no longer involved and data protection principles are no longer violated.
- Another option is to allow the consentmanager to block these fonts. The automatic blocking code can do this for you – but it must be activated explicitly (Menu > CMPs > Edit > Other settings).
- Manually Blocking Google Fonts: If you use manual blocking, you can block fonts by using the< left ..> -Update code.
Example:< link class=”cmplazyload” data-cmp-vendor=”s2612″ data-cmp-href=” https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Roboto:wght@100&display=swap ” rel=”stylesheet”>
You want to learn more? Then read our complete help article: https://help.consentmanager.de/books/cmp/page/working-with-google-fonts
The starting shot is clear for DMEXCO 2022 in Cologne!
At the 21st and This year’s DMEXCO will take place in Cologne on September 22, 2022. After a two-year break, the industry experts can finally exchange information about current trends and developments in digital business in person. Of course, the topic of consent management should not be missing here.
We are there too! Do not miss the opportunity for exciting discussions. Meet our experts in person at DMEXCO.
Book an appointment now:
Date: 21. & September 22, 2022
Booth: Hall 8.1 | C012
Location: Koelnmesse | Messeplatz 1 | 50679 Cologne
Visiting hours: Wednesday 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. | Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m
New webinar in September – don’t miss it!
Don’t miss our next webinar on:
consentmanager: use optimization functions and reports effectively!
When? September 02, 2022 at 10:00 am
Register now! https://www.consentmanager.de/wissen/neues/webinar-2022-09-02/
What other topics are you moving?
We would like to continue tailoring the content of our webinars to the needs of our users in the future. For this we need your input! Do you have any desired topics? Then please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Webinar request”. We will incorporate your ideas into our selection of topics.
Do you already know our partner program?
You are a marketing agency, IT company, trade association, data protection officer or similar and would like to offer your customers or members an extended service in the area of cookie consent platforms. Then we have the solution for you. Consentmanager offers various partner models for the respective needs.
Benefit from many advantages:
- Increase your sales through commissions and service contracts with your customers
- Build trust with your customers as a compliance expert
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty
If you have any questions about our partner program, book an appointment with our experts or apply directly using our form at: https://www.consentmanager.de/partnerprogramm/
More optimizations and adjustments in August
Some minor improvements were made or bugs fixed in August. Among other things, adjustments were made to the autoblocking blacklist, and the source information was added to the domain and vendor list. Information is now displayed as to whether the blocking came from crawlers or was done manually.
Another very useful function: When creating new CMPs or registering for an account, relevant plugins for the corresponding CMS, if one is used, are automatically offered to the user. As always, there were also many other small innovations and changes.
- CMC-182 Client V2 Go Live
- CMP-1357 Cookie time persistent
- CMP-1271 Recall icon: Option to show 2nd or 1st layer on click
- CMP-949 Find store type from crawler
- CMP-1185 A/B Testing: Add note/info that clients need to be aware of DPIA
- CMP-1227 Add option to integrate custom settings page directly into the page
- CMP-1236 Add public sector as industry
- CMP-1252 Cross-domain consent update
- CMP-1296 Show “session” for expiration date
- CMP-1346 A/B Test Sample Size
- CMP-1347 A/B testing significance
- CMP-1360 Show source of dominilist/vendorlist
- CMP-1362 Option to show 2btns + Save
- CMP-1363 Autoblocking blacklist
- CMP-1365 Data API 16 issue
- CMP-1367 Issue IFrame Preview in Safari